Growing your Instagram account can be a challenge, especially at the beginning. But there are some ways to speed up the process which I am going to share with you today.
- High quality content. This is the most important one. Post high quality content that’s entertaining. People will be more likely to follow you if they find your posts interesting and different to other accounts.
- Hashtags. Most of you already use hashtags but if you aren’t, start now! When growing a small account, I like to use around 10 relevant hashtags per post. This helps people to find your awesome photo and you may even get a follow if they like it.
- Consistency. If you haven’t already noticed, I try to post on @matchymatchysets once per day between 4- 8pm. Any earlier and most of you guys are still at school, work or uni. Be consistent with your posting even if it’s once every 2- 3 days and it will pay off in the long run. 😊
- Photos with faces get higher engagement. Post a photo of you riding your horse, not just your horse by itself. According to an article by SproutSocial, photos with faces get 38% more likes. DON’T post blurry, pixelated images or videos.
5. Stay away from buying followers. Many people sell ‘real followers’ but don’t fall for it! They are just fake accounts that won’t help your account but rather could damage it. Growing your Instagram will take time, but, by utilising these tips you will be well on your way to an awesome Instagram account.
Once your account receives over 1 000 followers, new followers will come more frequently and with less effort. If you have any questions about growing your social media accounts feel free to email me, I would love to help. 🙂
Pop your Instagram name in the comments below so we can check them out!